Are you a writer who loves roller derby? For Books’ Sake wants your stories!
Founded in 2010, For Books’ Sake is the intelligent but irreverent UK webzine dedicated to promoting and celebrating writing by women. Providing a dedicated platform for readers and writers alike, they feature books by and for independent women. With daily news, reviews, essays, features and interviews, For Books’ Sake shines spotlights on classic and contemporary writing by both iconic and upcoming women authors, from reading recommendations to in-depth analysis.
Check out their homepage: http://forbookssake.net/
The fabulous team at For Books’ Sake have joined forces with with London Rollergirls and together, they are putting together an anthology of roller derby fiction.
If this sounds like an interesting project for you, write a story about roller derby – all styles and genres are welcome – and email it to For Books’ Sake (email@example.com) by Sunday 28th October 2012. Winning entries will be compiled into an anthology, to be published early 2013.
Full submission details:
1. Submissions must be the author’s own, previously unpublished work.
2. Submissions must be no longer than 5,000 words (there is no minimum word count), submitted as an attachment in .rtf, .doc or .docx format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 28th October 2012.
3. Authors may be based anywhere around the world.
4. Authors of all genders are welcome.
5. Shortlisted authors will be notified by email by early November. Shortlisted authors will be asked for a short biography for inclusion in the anthology, and minor edits to their stories may be requested.
6. Authors retain all rights to their work, however we do request that entrants refrain from publishing submitted stories elsewhere during the submissions period, and shortlisted authors will be required to refrain from publishing their stories elsewhere for a reasonable period thereafter.